As the temperatures rise to unparalleled heights in India, it is but normal to want to retreat to somewhere cold and just relax. The Himalayan foothills have always been inspirational for spiritual and mental upliftment. From Tawang, Ziro to Tirthan Valley, one can plan out summer holidays to these unexplored territories.
1) Tawang: Smallest district of Arunachal Pradesh, inhabited by Monpa people, this place organizes festivals and fairs which are mostly associated with agriculture and religion. It is a popular destination for Tawang Monastery and the most important element of social and religious purposes.
2) Kalimpong: It is a popular destination in West Bengal for travelers as the weather is mild and pleasant for the most part of the year. The place is a melting pot of diverse cultures and traditions. It has magnificent views of the Kanchenjunga and other Himalayas snow peaks, sweeping landscapes and lush greenery.
3) Ziro: The town in Arunachal Pradesh has been travelers' favorite destination if they want to explore World Heritage site. Paddy cultivation is a major occupation in Ziro and one of the top places to visit there is Tarin fish farm where there are two different varieties of rice grown with one variety of fish in the water. It has a breathtakingly beautiful pine grove which is the perfect place for a picnic spot.
4) Bir Biling and Khajjiar: It is India's popular site in Himachal Pradesh for paraglider pilots and is frequently visited by Indians and tourists from the world. It also offers hang gliding, trekking, and camping for its visitors.
5) Tirthan Valley: The small valley in Himachal Pradesh is surrounded by flowing rivers, lush green valleys, and lakes and this beautiful destination is in the safeguard of the Great Himalayan National Park. Visitors can enjoy trout fishing or rappelling or rock climbing and even stay with local people at their homestays.